Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Audio over the web - solo or with video

I get asked this many times when I meet people asking me about audio over the Internet.

First audio over the Internet can be music, narrative or ambiant.

Which of these or combination there of, is a question of taste and preferrence.

So is audio programming on it's own or as part of the "video" experience.

When it comes to business communications, it's whatever gets the job done (marketing, training, sales, etc.).

When it's entertainment I prefer both forms. Maybe because I grew up in the "60's radio pre-music video" era. I still enjoy listening to music with my eyes closed and letting the emotions and imagination create the "scene".

However, I have to admit I love sci-fi movies (Harry Potter, Star Trek, Lord of The Rings, etc,) amazing sound tracks.

In the meantime, check out the Hanso Foundation . Great use of audio and video. You'll need hi speed access for this one.

Bernie

No comments: